PSP Investments is one of the largest fund managers for pension funds in Canada. They invest capital for public service, Canadian Forces, Royal Canadian Mounted Police and Reserve Force pension plans.
PSP Investments wanted to clone the production environment into a virtual environment based on VSphere in order to be able to perform all system and applications updates operations without damaging the production environment.
I was asked to perform the following tasks:
- Creating a “Master” virtual environment (based on VSpere/VMware) for applications integration.
- Cloning the network infrastructure.
- Cloning Oracle and MS SQL Database Servers.
- Ensure that the data is present, valid and accessible.
- Definition of the user Access Level Control to this environment.