The National Bank of Canada or NBC is an integrated group that provides comprehensive financial services to individual, small and medium-sized business clients net of large corporations in its home market, as well as specialist services internationally.
The National Bank had the project to explore Big Data technologies. To achieve this goal, the project consisted of:
- Set up a Cloudera / Hadoop platform
- Explore the Hadoop technologies provided with the Cloudera distribution
- Implement sentiment analysis using data collected in real time from Twitter
- Evangelizing and training data and systems architects (and more in general) on Big Data technologies.
In this context, I was responsible for:
- Designing the architecture of the exploratory platform
- Defining the user Access Control Level on test data stored on this platform.
- Securing the platform access and define the different users access levels for regular data on this platform.
- Implementing “Sentiment Analysis” proof of concept using data collected from Twitter in real time.
- Train Data and Solutions architects on the Big Data ecosystem and technologies.
- Act as an Advisor to select best fit Big Data / Hadoop / Spark technologies.